Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Mom's Favorite Picture Of Summer

There is something about this picture that really moved me.  It might have been the blissful day at the beach, or that we were celebrating Billy's Birthday or even one of the rare occasion  when all four of my daughters were together.  I've really grown very comfortable calling these ladies my girls.  I can't deny that their Daddy and I made some really lovely girls.  But I am reminded that they are on loan to me.  That they have a Heavenly Father and a Heavenly Mother.  That they are on the same journey as me, to return to our home on high.  Someday I will be sealed to these girls.  They will be eternally mine and maybe their Daddy too.  I am grateful that I am sealed to my parents and the girls all are or desire, to be sealed to their families.  I know its all interlinked.  But for that one day, sitting across from the girls and snapping that picture was a perfect moment.  They couldn't have looked anymore beautiful to me.  Everything felt peaceful and perfect.  Across that warm fire sat the best friends a woman could want.  The best daughters that were meant just for me.  For a moment I know what Heaven feels like.  

No comments: