Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sunday Bug Means Personal Study : (



I am home sick this morning.  I was up last night with a little stomach bug that didn't want to leave this morning. So off Mark went with all my responsibilities...deliver f lowers, deliver RS notebook, deliver new rolls to Primary, Nursery and Young Women's.  Give a Proposal to the Bishop and take care his sign up sheet for Building clean up.  Busy man today in the service of the Lord and his wife  Thanks Mark.  I have been studying the Book of Mormon and the words of Isaiah .  However I have been reading Joseph Smith Rough Stone Rolling and I love this part where Joseph Smith's Grandfather gives this message to his family.  I was very touched by it and wanted to share it.

"Wherefore my dear children, I pray, Beseech, and adjure you by all the relations and dearness that hath ever been betwixt us, and by the heart rendering pangs of a Dying father, who's soul hath been ever bound in the bundle of life with yours, that you know one another visit (as you may) each other, comfort, counsel, relieve, succour, help and admonish one another and while your mother lives, meet here ( if possible once every year ) when she is dead, pitch on some other place; if it be your older brother's house or if you cannot meet, send to and hear from each other yearly and oftener if you can. And when you have neither father nor mother left, be so many fathers and mothers to each other, so  you shall understand the blessings mentioned in the 133 Psalm. "- Asael Smith

Psalms 133 : 1




Behold, how good and how pleasant it is
        
for brethren to dwell together in unity!



No comments: